Thursday, May 5, 2011

Proof that I am a spoiled rotten brat

It's really not nice to call someone or something fat, but in the case of my new skis it is a good thing. Last week I received an impromptu phone call from my dad - he was at Sturtevants and wanted to know my height and weight. It turns out that he had found a pair of K2 Got Back skis that were available as demos this season. BUT they had only been skied on ONCE and were now on sale and he bought them for me!! WOO HOO!! I am so very spoiled.

I had been wanting a pair of powder skis ever since our Ski trip at Brundage this year. We were lucky enough to be able to play in the powder all three days we were there. I can ski the powder fine in my regular skis but it takes a fair amount more effort than it would with fat skis. For those of you unfamiliar with the science of skiing, a wider ski underfoot gives the skier more flotation on deep powder which means less likelihood of catching an edge and falling.

Here is a photo of me playing in the powder at Brundage Mountain in March:

So yesterday I came home from work to find a big box at the front door and knew that my new skis had arrived! I immediately took them out of the box and called Dad to let him know. They are in great shape and I am so excited to use them next year!



I can picture myself now skiing through the Meadow on the backside of the mountain in a foot of powder. Don't get me wrong, I love summer and can't wait for it to get here, but this year when the weather turns cold again it will be all the sweeter.

1 comment:

  1. Nothin wrong w/ being spoilt as long as you appreciate it and I know you do. Nice ski's and I like the color too.
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete